Friday, January 2, 2009

As innocents are murdered my country blows the killer.

"I'm an American".

I, like many others, at one time took great pride in saying these words. We were a shining beacon of peace, freedom, and diplomacy around the world. We were the children of the new world our forefathers fought so valiantly for us to have. We were brave. We were proud. We were free. That's what we learned growing up. That's what we believed. That's what I believed.

Unfortunately, what one believes does not always roll in tandem with reality. Yesterday, on the 27th of December, 2008, Israel launched an aerial assault on the Gaza strip, which resulted in the deaths of hundreds of innocent lives and injured hundreds more. What truly enraged me, and I'm sure thousands (hopefully millions) of others watching across the world, was that this attack was orchestrated while school children were on the streets, just living out another day.

So what does this have to do with myself or my country? Well, my country, or more properly the parasitic government that rules my country, was first in line to support Israel's strike. My country is Israel's bitch. Anyone who pays attention and is capable of critical thinking can gather that much. It's difficult to take any pride in your homeland when your leaders are cowardly dogs following the scent of wealth and power.

The problem is that most other Americans don't pay attention and are not capable of critical thinking. They do what feels good and let the powers that be do the thinking for them. How brave is that? "Hey Joe, yesterday dozens of school children were murdered on their way to school by the Israeli government so their homes could be taken and given to Zionist thugs."......"Who cares? Are You Smarter Than a 5th Graders on".

Granted, this is not every fellow American of mine. I'm sure somewhere outside of the micro-minded swarm that buzzes around me there are other Americans who still posses a brain, a heart, and other components necessary to live in the harsh light of reality. But we're not the ones who get to officially speak for our country. No, only those who can sway the minds (for lack of a better word) of the uneducated, unthinking, and uncaring masses get to speak for this country.

So today I am not proud to be an American. Today I offer my sincerest apologies to the world for contributing to the system in which I was born. But more than that, I want to offer my sympathy to the Palestinians in Gaza. I can not begin to imagine the horror that these people are living with.

And as I write this I wonder if people around the world realize the implications of this situation. I mean, if Israel can blatantly wave such a disgusting affront to humanity with no major repercussions and no one to stop them, who's to stop someone else from doing it to you?

4 comments:

  1. These essays are so good I just had to go and get myself another one. Don't start making potato chips or you'll become a member of the elite (just kidding).

    I share your distress over the violence of these jackbooted, thug cowards. It's the equivalent of an eighteen year old high school football player beating the shit out of a ten year old girl while he's wearing his full equipment.

    Justice will be done. Count on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easy to point a finger at Israel and say how bad they are. And, this is in fact valid.

    However, keep in mind that when you point the finger of shame at Israel, you have several fingers pointing right back at you. Your country has murdered more than one million innocent Iraqis since 2003 and the slaughter continues.

    I strongly suggest that Americans clean up their own backyard before complaining about someone else's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RE:Anonymous
    I agree that the US government and the mass of personified ignorance that the majority of US human-biomass is composed of have much to atone for. That is why the conclusion to this article begins, "So today I am not proud to be an American. Today I offer my sincerest apologies to the world for contributing to the system in which I was born.". Let me make this very clear to you: I hate the people who have ruined my country. The same people who murdered the countless numbers of innocent Iraqis and displaced even more. The same people who manipulated most of my friends and family into believing that is was orchestrated by Arab terrorists. The same people who (most probably) murdered 2.7k+ of my own countrywo/man in a single day. So yes, those fingers may be in my general direction, I had no choice in where I was born on this planet, but they do NOT point at me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much longer will these needless wars led by Israel continue? Will it 'change' under Obama? Highly doubtful, after his 'no comment' about Palestine. Israel already owns Obama after he picked Rahm Emanuel, the son of a terrorist, as Chief of Staff. Obama will probably let Mossad slide on their 9/11 involvement and Obama will continue Middle East wars. So who won the US election? Israel did, as always.

    ReplyDelete