Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"Why don't you quit festering hate? If you don't like it, GET OUT!"

I work third shift in a hospital. Because of the hours I work I'm usually left with a few free hours per shift. So, to keep my brain juices from fermenting or my eyelids from collapsing or both, I do a bit of reading on the Internet to pass the time. I read mostly about current world affairs and (as much as I hate this phrase) conspiracy theories.

Whenever I come across an article I believe to be relevant to the lives of my countrywo/men, I print it and leave it on the little stand in the employee restroom. I do this in hopes of opening the eyes of my coworkers to the world that exists outside of the doctored mainstream media. I do my best not to use articles that are too extreme or that could be viewed as offensive. I also try to restrict what I leave to articles that could be comprehended by a middle schooler (sorry Les, that excludes your stuff).

The last time I left a paper on the little stand in the restroom, it was an article by a man named Ian Bell. There was nothing (in my mind anyway) horribly offensive about it. The article was named "Six years of carnage for what, exactly?"It was about the British troops withdrawing from Iraq. It's a pretty good article, check it out if you get a chance.

Anyway, I left this in the restroom and went home for the weekend. When I came back I was surprised that it was still there (they're usually thrown out or taken), but with one small difference; the words "Why don't you quit festering hate? If you don't like it, GET OUT!" were scrawled onto the margin. Apparently the idiot who wrote this equates national loyalty with the blind support of national leaders, no matter how corrupt, stupid, or cowardly they are. They also seem to believe that questioning violence, rather that committing violence, is an act of hate. The stupidity and blatant absence of thought behind the semi-hostile comment almost perplexed me.

I don't fester hate. I don't try to incite hate by leaving articles on the little stand in the restroom. I do it because I love my country. I love my country enough to attempt influencing others to question the government that is in charge of my country. Would you just give your sick child to a doctor without knowing the doctor? If your child's condition worsened under that doctor's care, wouldn't you question that doctors capabilities and/or motives? If you care about that child, of course you would, unless you're an unthinking fool.

That is why I will not "GET OUT". I care about my country and I am not a coward. I wont give anyone a good view of my ass while I run away because I don't like it. Damn right I don't like it and you can bet your balls (ovaries) I won't GET OUT. And I'd bet my family jewels that if the idiot who wrote the pathetic retort on that article knew what I knew about what's in the very near future of this country, they would run, fast and hard and as far away as they could get from this country.

But not me, I'll do what I can to change what's wrong or go down with the ship trying because I believe in what it was founded upon. I believe in liberty. I believe in freedom. I believe in fighting for what you know to be right. I am a true patriot.

No comments:

Post a Comment